Saturday 12 October 2013

Sara & Leigh's Pre-Wedding Shoot

They say love is blind - how else could you explain a Liverpool supporter falling in love with a Manchester United fan! However, she did promise me that she will stay true to her first love and not be converted to the dark side - sorry Leigh ;-)
In all seriousness, Sara & Leigh are made for each other and I enjoyed every minute of getting to know the guys as a couple and ultimately creating some lovely images of them together.
When Sara told me that the 'Mop' was in town she was surprised that I had a blank face (I assumed it may be a ceremonial statue of a mop which is said to bring good luck to engaged couples but obviously I was way off!). After a quick history lesson I learned that it is a fair held every year with origins dating back to an original charter granted by Edward VI in 1553 where labourers, after working for their employers from October to October would attend the mop fair dressed in their sunday best clothes and carrying an item signifying their trade. A servant with no skills would carry a mop head (lets call him Mr Dunce) - hence the phrase 'Mop' fair. You'll be glad to know that the history lesson is now over!
So off we went to the beautiful, historic town of Stratford, which is also the birthplace of Shakespeare, and made use of all the stunning tudor buildings it had to offer. On the way home we stopped at a little forest clearing which made for a nice contrast to the town.
I look forward to seeing the future Mr & Mrs P again in November on what I'm sure will be one of the happiest days of their lives...

No comments:

Post a Comment