Saturday 28 September 2013

Lindy & Andy's Wedding

I have the pleasure in showcasing the wedding of Lindy & Andy in September which was my second visit to Hadley Park Hotel in Telford. I was very much looking forward to this wedding, ever since our pre-wed road trip to Wales, and it did not disappoint.
The guys are childhood sweethearts, having been together since secondary school, which is a pretty amazing story. They obviously knew from a young age that they had found 'the one' and I was very happy to play my part in this special day where everything was made 'official'.

I've got to admit that I did feel myself getting a bit teary as I watched Andy's reaction as the doors went back and Lindy entered into the beautiful conservatory room. You can always feel that tension and genuine excitement in the minutes leading up to the ceremony as I take my position to capture the bride walking down the aisle. They even loved one of the songs that I have playing on my wedding slideshow and used it as the music interlude during the signing of the register which was a pretty cool moment for me. I felt, in some very small way, that I contributed something to their ceremony and the song fitted the mood perfectly.

I hope you'll agree that, after viewing the images below, they looked incredibly happy and each element of the day was planned in a very personal and elegant way. There were also a few handmade touches, especially in the wedding breakfast detailing, which allowed for the fun elements to come through. Hadley provided some lovely backdrops, and with the beautiful weather that they had, it made for some beautifully, emotive couple images where my style for natural light photography shone through.

To finish the evening Andy's best man Dukey grabbed a few members of his band and played a small set, including their first dance, which, if you know Andy, had to be an Oasis song! A very personal conclusion to a very special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment